Thursday, March 4, 2010

From the tip box

Ever get ink on your couch or a shirt? now there's a new and simple way to get it out. Shelley over at lifehacker.com has this:

"Last week my two year old drew all over my (brand new!) cream fabric sofa with a red ballpoint pen. I was horrified. However after some googling I discovered that you don't need expensive chemicals—good old-fashioned hairspray will do the trick PERFECTLY!
Just spray the hairspray directly onto the ink, wait 30 seconds and then simply wipe the ink away with a damp cloth. You can actually see the ink coming to the surface! My sofa now looks good as new. Apparently it works on all fabric for all types of ink, so next time your pen leaks in your shirt pocket, don't bin the shirt, just use hairspray to remove it. It doesn't even matter if the ink has dried, and you can use the cheapest of cheap hairsprays too."

I can't say I've haven't tried this method yet, mostly because I haven't been feeling particularly angry at any of my shirts recently (and the fact that I haven't used a pen in weeks), but it seems like a better idea than expensive and smelly cleaners...

No comments:

Post a Comment